MDA National has developed an accredited educational activity as part of the Winter 2013 issue of Defence Update. See the end of this document for the college program accreditation details. Completion of the Defence Update education activity will also be recognised as completion of MDA National's Premium Support Scheme (PSS) risk management requirements.
Complete the following steps if you would like to receive continuing professional development (CPD) points or PSS recognition for the Defence Update – Winter 2013 education activity:
- Read Defence Update Winter 2013.
- Complete the questionnaire about the content of Defence Update Winter 2013 using one of the following of the options:
- Complete the activity evaluation that follows the questionnaire, along with your contact details.
- Return the completed Education Activity document to MDA National by email, fax or post (see the end of the evaluation for contact details).
- Receive the certificate of completion and then report to your college's CPD program if it is a self-reporting program. MDA National will report points for the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO) CPD Program, and Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) Professional Development Program (PDP) on your behalf.
Your completion certificate will be accompanied by a document that provides answers or Defence Update citations for the questionnaire items for your further review and understanding.
Activity Learning Objectives
By the end of this activity participants should be able to:
- Explain the importance of the open disclosure discussion.
- Outline the responsibilities of the doctor in the informed consent process.
- Develop a list of questions to ask yourself to determine whether accepting a gift from a patient is professionally appropriate.